Still Organizing

I haven't posted anything new in quite some time. I am still working on organizing my of craft room, which today is slightly less organized than it was yesterday as the hubby decided to rearrange the furniture, which means some of the stuff that was put away, no longer is. I am hoping that I make some progress on it this weekend though, so hopefully I can start some makings some cards again soon.


80's Flashback

The last card I posted used a scalloped Frameabilities from Spellbinders and I liked the way it turned out, but as I was taking the frame from the die and getting the little pieces out of the scallops, especially the corner ones, I had a major 80's flashback to Pacman. The pieces that come out of the corner so reminded me of Pacman that I just had to make a Pacman card. I colored the pieces yellow with a Bic Markit and the colored some scrap paper yellow and used a hole punch to cut out all the little dots. I had some help with this process, courtesy of my daughters cat deciding it was great time to sit in the middle of my desk, he likes to help when I am working.

I took a 4x8 black base and made a 4x4 notecard and scored lines at the inch marks on my scoreboard. I tried to center each Pac-man between the lines and then came the time consuming process of attaching the dots. In hindsight, I probably should have used a ruler or something to make the lines straighter, but still as a card completely on a whim, I liked the way it turned out.

Stamps: none
Ink: Yellow Bic Mark-It
Paper: Recollections Black
Extras: 1/16th inch hole punch, pieces from using scalloped Frameablities, scoreboard


Framed "Imagine"

After recently moving, I have been going through crafting withdrawls. So, after all children were in bed one night and my house was quiet, I decided to try a couple of cards, even though my craft room is trashed and I can barely get around. So this what I came up with supplies that were easily accessible. I got a couple sets of Frameabilities when traveling over Christmas, on clearance for $9, each. I love finding Spellbinders on clearance, since there is no such thing as too many Spellbinders. The image is stamped in Weathered Wood Distress ink. I sponged around the edge of the image panel and over the frame with the same. The image panel is from the center of the smaller frame from this set.

Stamps: Unity Stamp Co-Imagine
Inks: Tim Holtz-Weathered Wood Distress Ink
Paper: GP White, Recollections Scarlet
Extras: Scalloped Frameabilities, sponge


The Results of Moving

What my craftroom currently looks like
So I recently moved to a new house and went from a craft area to a craft room. Sadly I am going through crafting withdrawls because of what my room looks like. Somewhere around a doxen boxes, rubbermaid totes and duffle bags have somehow managed to dump their contents on the floor and I still am finding stuff in other rooms of the house, it is absolutely crazy. I have so much more space and storage that I am having a hard time organizing it all.


Difficult Card

I always find sympathy cards difficult to make, amoung other things, I would much rather be making cards for a happier occasion. I always find getting the right thing for a sentiment on a sympathy card even more difficult. This card finding the correct sentiment even more so, because this was for family after my grandmother died. I used a sentiment found on a spread sheet on SCS that struck a chord with me and printed it on vellum. I cut it out using Label 11 nesties and used it as an overlay for the background.
Stamps: Unity-Bella Doilies
Paper: Georgia Pacific White, Vellum
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Extras: Label 11 Nesties


A Random Simple Card

A quick card I did and finally got around to unploading to my computer for a boy birthday card. I stamped the image and sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black on GP White paper and colored with colored pencils. I stamped a matching birthday sentiment inside the card in black as well. That was all, very simple, very quick to do, but I like the way it turned out. Now I just need a birthday for a boy to come use it for.

Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps-At The Races
Paper: Georgia Pacific White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Extras: Colored Pencils


Christmas Presents: Set 2

Close up of one of the lids.

 This year for one of the kids presents, I decided to alter Frappuccino bottles for them to use as piggy banks. I thought it would make a good gift, as they used to have matching ones, but kept breaking them until only one was left, then there would be little fights over who got to use it. We have spent alot of time trying to instill in the kids the value of saving money for some of the things they want, and thought that having more personalized places to keep their money might help with that goal. The hubby even helped with these gifts, cutting the slots in the lid for me, as he is better with the Dremel than I am. For the most part, these didn't take long to make, although certain pieces of a couple of them took a little longer, such as the gold twine wrapped around the sides of the lid on one, but I got them all done in one day, so I can't complain too much, especially as these were my first attempt at altering these bottles.
Altered Frap Piggy Banks

 The tops of the lids were covered with the same paper that was used on the bottles, then I cut slots in them using the ones DH cut as outlines.

Papers: DCWV Black Currant Stack and Far East Stack, Basic Grey Infuse, Spring Flower Paper from OTC
Extras: Cuttlebug Harmony Alphabet dies, Paper Studio Alpha Dies, Basic Grey Infuse Alpha Stickers, gold twine, various ribbons, Martha Stewart-mini pearls, Swirled Lace punch, Lattice punch, Fiskar's weaver punch, rhinestones, terrifically tacky tape, Crafter's Pick The Ultimate glue, foam dots.