1.14.2011

80's Flashback

The last card I posted used a scalloped Frameabilities from Spellbinders and I liked the way it turned out, but as I was taking the frame from the die and getting the little pieces out of the scallops, especially the corner ones, I had a major 80's flashback to Pacman. The pieces that come out of the corner so reminded me of Pacman that I just had to make a Pacman card. I colored the pieces yellow with a Bic Markit and the colored some scrap paper yellow and used a hole punch to cut out all the little dots. I had some help with this process, courtesy of my daughters cat deciding it was great time to sit in the middle of my desk, he likes to help when I am working.

I took a 4x8 black base and made a 4x4 notecard and scored lines at the inch marks on my scoreboard. I tried to center each Pac-man between the lines and then came the time consuming process of attaching the dots. In hindsight, I probably should have used a ruler or something to make the lines straighter, but still as a card completely on a whim, I liked the way it turned out.

Stamps: none
Ink: Yellow Bic Mark-It
Paper: Recollections Black
Extras: 1/16th inch hole punch, pieces from using scalloped Frameablities, scoreboard

No comments: