The last card I posted used a scalloped Frameabilities from Spellbinders and I liked the way it turned out, but as I was taking the frame from the die and getting the little pieces out of the scallops, especially the corner ones, I had a major 80's flashback to Pacman. The pieces that come out of the corner so reminded me of Pacman that I just had to make a Pacman card. I colored the pieces yellow with a Bic Markit and the colored some scrap paper yellow and used a hole punch to cut out all the little dots. I had some help with this process, courtesy of my daughters cat deciding it was great time to sit in the middle of my desk, he likes to help when I am working.
I took a 4x8 black base and made a 4x4 notecard and scored lines at the inch marks on my scoreboard. I tried to center each Pac-man between the lines and then came the time consuming process of attaching the dots. In hindsight, I probably should have used a ruler or something to make the lines straighter, but still as a card completely on a whim, I liked the way it turned out.
Ink: Yellow Bic Mark-It
Paper: Recollections Black
Extras: 1/16th inch hole punch, pieces from using scalloped Frameablities, scoreboard
After recently moving, I have been going through crafting withdrawls. So, after all children were in bed one night and my house was quiet, I decided to try a couple of cards, even though my craft room is trashed and I can barely get around. So this what I came up with supplies that were easily accessible. I got a couple sets of Frameabilities when traveling over Christmas, on clearance for $9, each. I love finding Spellbinders on clearance, since there is no such thing as too many Spellbinders. The image is stamped in Weathered Wood Distress ink. I sponged around the edge of the image panel and over the frame with the same. The image panel is from the center of the smaller frame from this set.
So I recently moved to a new house and went from a craft area to a craft room. Sadly I am going through crafting withdrawls because of what my room looks like. Somewhere around a doxen boxes, rubbermaid totes and duffle bags have somehow managed to dump their contents on the floor and I still am finding stuff in other rooms of the house, it is absolutely crazy. I have so much more space and storage that I am having a hard time organizing it all.
I always find sympathy cards difficult to make, amoung other things, I would much rather be making cards for a happier occasion. I always find getting the right thing for a sentiment on a sympathy card even more difficult. This card finding the correct sentiment even more so, because this was for family after my grandmother died. I used a sentiment found on a spread sheet on SCS that struck a chord with me and printed it on vellum. I cut it out using Label 11 nesties and used it as an overlay for the background.
A quick card I did and finally got around to unploading to my computer for a boy birthday card. I stamped the image and sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black on GP White paper and colored with colored pencils. I stamped a matching birthday sentiment inside the card in black as well. That was all, very simple, very quick to do, but I like the way it turned out. Now I just need a birthday for a boy to come use it for.