12.30.2010

Christmas Presents: Set 2


Close up of one of the lids.

 This year for one of the kids presents, I decided to alter Frappuccino bottles for them to use as piggy banks. I thought it would make a good gift, as they used to have matching ones, but kept breaking them until only one was left, then there would be little fights over who got to use it. We have spent alot of time trying to instill in the kids the value of saving money for some of the things they want, and thought that having more personalized places to keep their money might help with that goal. The hubby even helped with these gifts, cutting the slots in the lid for me, as he is better with the Dremel than I am. For the most part, these didn't take long to make, although certain pieces of a couple of them took a little longer, such as the gold twine wrapped around the sides of the lid on one, but I got them all done in one day, so I can't complain too much, especially as these were my first attempt at altering these bottles.
Altered Frap Piggy Banks

 The tops of the lids were covered with the same paper that was used on the bottles, then I cut slots in them using the ones DH cut as outlines.

Papers: DCWV Black Currant Stack and Far East Stack, Basic Grey Infuse, Spring Flower Paper from OTC
Extras: Cuttlebug Harmony Alphabet dies, Paper Studio Alpha Dies, Basic Grey Infuse Alpha Stickers, gold twine, various ribbons, Martha Stewart-mini pearls, Swirled Lace punch, Lattice punch, Fiskar's weaver punch, rhinestones, terrifically tacky tape, Crafter's Pick The Ultimate glue, foam dots.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I found you blog from a post in a thread I started in SCS.Very cute piggy banks! I may have to make one for my granddaughter...she's only 18 mo. old right now but it's not too early to learn to save!