12.29.2010

Christmas Presents: Set 1

 I absolutely love making things for people, so this year for Christmas I made some little albums using the Clear Envelope Brag Book tutuorial on SCS. I made 5 total for various family members using pictures from a family reunion this summer.

I found these to be great gifts, as they are so simple to put together. It was a blast going through to pick out pictures to put in them, and remembering little things about that particulare moment and telling stories to my kids about the pictures while they were helping me try to pick.

I found the thing that took me the longest for these was picking out the paper and stamps I wanted to use, after that it went relativily quickly. I used 12x12 paper for the covers and used one piece for the back cover/spine and a piece from one of the other papers for the covers on the books.

The image panels were matted on paper matching the back cover. The image panels have various techniques used on them, from just stamping to sponging to paper piecing. I wanted to make each one different from the others or as different as possible using the stamps I had picked out.
                                          

Stamps:Unity-Picture Perfect, Perfect in Every Way, Treasure to Me, Good Times Vintage Banner
Paper: DCWV Natural Stack, Georgia Pacific White, Recollections Cream
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, London Fog, Potters Clay, Rich Cocoa, Desert Sand
Extras: Twine, Eyelets, Snaps, Sponge, Glitter, Crafter's Pick The Ultimate glue, xyron glue runner, foam dots, copper gel pen

No comments: